In the domestic pipeline system, the utilization rate of the knife gate valve is not very high, but as a general gate valve, its importance is self-evident. By the majority of manufacturers and users of concern.
How to choose material for knife gate valve
The selection of valve manufacturing materials according to different circulating media and different use environments has become the consensus of many valve manufacturers, but there are certain differences in the material selection of knife gate valves. Due to their own functions and properties, carbon steel and stainless steel will be used as the main manufacturing materials in most cases, rather than alloy materials or even engineering plastics used by other valves. The valve body itself requires strength and hardness, so the valve body is mainly made of carbon steel. The advantage of carbon steel is obvious, that is, the hardness and strength brought by its carbon content. Since the gate valve is often in contact with the liquid medium, the material for making the knife gate valve should be corrosion-resistant stainless steel.
Knife Gate Valve Maintenance
1. In order to ensure the service life, the material used in the knife gate valve actually needs to be selected according to the working conditions, that is to say, it can be manufactured in a customized form.
2. During use, it should be cleaned regularly. And regularly do a good job of lubrication measures.
3. Due to the particularity of the gate, its stress is large, so special attention should be paid to the material selection of the sealing surface and the valve stem. The strength and load of these two parts will affect the performance of the entire valve.
4. When installing in the open air, pay attention to waterproof measures to avoid external corrosion caused by rainwater erosion. The valve should also take certain protective measures, because external dust and solid impurities will scratch and damage the valve anyway.
5. If the installation location is at sea, the corrosion of the valve casing by seawater and sea breeze should also be considered. In this regard, it is recommended to use an improved metal or ceramic material resistant to acid, alkali and salt corrosion as the main material of the valve body.