According to the structural characteristics and design functions of the plug valve, the selection can be made according to the following principles.
(1) It is used for the distribution of medium and the change of medium flow direction. Its working temperature is not higher than 300℃, the nominal pressure is PN≤ 1.6Mpa, and the nominal diameter is not more than 300mm. It is recommended to choose a multi-channel plug valve.
(2) It is recommended to use austenitic stainless steel tight-fitting conical plug valves for milk, juice, beer and other equipment and pipelines in food companies.
(3) In the branch pipes of oilfield development, natural gas development, pipeline transportation, and oil refining cleaning equipment, the nominal pressure rating is not more than 300, and the nominal diameter is not more than 300mm. It is recommended to use an oil-sealed conical plug valve.
(4) Branch pipes for oil field production, natural gas extraction, pipeline transportation, oil refining cleaning equipment, the nominal pressure rating is not more than 7500, the nominal diameter is not more than 900mm, and the working temperature is not more than 340℃. It is recommended to use an oil-sealed conical plug valve.
(5) In large-scale chemical industry, when pipelines and equipment containing corrosive media are required to be opened or closed quickly, nitric acid-based media can be sealed with a PTFE sleeve sealing tapered plug valve; with acetic acid as media, crl8nil2m02ti stainless steel inlaid poly The tetrafluoroethylene sleeve seals the conical plug valve.
(6) In the pipelines and equipment of natural gas, natural gas, HVAC system, the nominal diameter is not more than 200nm, and the packing cone plug valve is selected. The plug valve is a valve that is opened or closed by connecting or separating the passage opening on the valve plug and the passage opening on the valve body by rotating 90 degrees.
Its plug can be cylindrical or conical. In cylindrical plugs, the channels are generally rectangular, while in tapered plugs, the channels are trapezoidal. These shapes make the structure of the plug valve lighter. It is suitable as a cut-off medium and a replenishment medium, and is also suitable for shunting, but sometimes it can be used for throttling according to the nature of the application and the corrosion resistance of the sealing surface.