Ball valve installation and maintenance should pay attention to the following:
1. There should be a position where the valve handle rotates
2. Cannot be used as throttling.
3. Ball valves with transmission mechanisms should be installed upright.
Selection principles of ball valves The main selection principles of ball valves are:
1. For main oil and natural gas pipelines that need to be cleaned and buried underground, ball valves with full-bore and fully-welded structures should be selected; for those buried on the ground, ball valves with full-bore welded connections or flange connections should be selected ; Branch pipe, choose flange connection, welding connection, full bore or reduced diameter ball valve.
2. For the transportation pipeline and storage equipment of refined oil, flange-connected ball valves are used.
3. On the pipeline of city gas and natural gas, the floating ball valve with flange connection and internal thread connection is selected.
1. In the oxygen pipeline system in the metallurgical system, it is advisable to choose a fixed ball valve that has undergone strict degreasing treatment and flange connection.
2. For the pipeline system and device of low temperature medium, it is advisable to choose a low temperature ball valve with a valve cover.
3. On the pipeline system of the catalytic cracking unit of the oil refining unit, the lifting rod type ball valve can be selected.
4. In the equipment and pipeline system of corrosive media such as acid and alkali in the chemical system, it is advisable to choose an all-stainless steel ball valve made of austenitic stainless steel and polytetrafluoroethylene as the seat sealing ring.
5. Metal-to-metal sealed ball valves can be used for piping systems or devices of high-temperature media in metallurgical systems, power systems, petrochemical devices, and urban heating systems. When flow adjustment is required, a worm gear driven, pneumatic or electric regulating ball valve with V-shaped opening can be selected.