Stainless steel knife gate valve is one of the many gate valves. Compared with ordinary gate valve products, it has some characteristics. For example, the structure is simpler and the size is smaller than ordinary gate valves. Installation is very convenient. There are also features such as flexible operation and quick opening and closing. So, what media are stainless steel knife gate valves suitable for? Below, the editor will introduce it to you.
Stainless steel knife gate valves are suitable for various media, such as gold powder, tailings, pulp, wood pulp, fibers, dust, chemical treatment wastewater, sedimentation tanks, mineral sand, slag, coal slurry, asphalt, silo outlet, fruits, media, etc., such as grain, cement slurry, slaughterhouse wastewater, pneumatic transmission pipelines, or beer brewing. Generally, media with high consistency and containing solid particles are suitable for knife gate valves.
So, some people may ask, why not all industries related to the aforementioned media use knife gate valves when they can be applied to so many media? This is actually because stainless steel knife gate valves are more expensive than ordinary gate valves, so some related industries have adopted cheaper ordinary gate valves.
Working principle of stainless steel knife gate valve
Due to this design characteristic, knife gate valves have become invaluable in applications where mud and other fluids can cause impact in viscous fluids. Nowadays, many processing plants use knife gate valves, which are larger in size and can easily handle light fats, heavy oils, lacquers, slurries, wastewater, and pulp. It is important to note that there are indeed low pressure limitations, and the design is to place the blade in the elastomer seal once it cuts through the material it handles. Liquids can easily slide on these soft seals without interference, but when solid or powder passes through the knife gate, bulky dry materials will eventually accumulate in the soft seal located at the end of the gate. When this situation occurs, the sealing ring will not be able to close tightly. If this situation occurs, the seal needs to be replaced.
In the field of industrial production, everyone should not be unfamiliar with the role of stainless steel knife gate valves, such as they can only be used for fully open and fully closed, and cannot be used for adjustment and throttling.
1. Drive methods: manual, pneumatic, electric, hydraulic, pneumatic, electro-hydraulic, and bevel gear.
2. Materials: stainless steel, carbon steel, cast steel, cast iron, and fluorine lining.
3. Appearance: Available in both concealed and exposed styles.
4. Sealing: Multiple materials such as single-sided sealing, double-sided sealing, soft sealing, and hard sealing are used for sealing.
5. Working performance and installation: The structure is simple and compact, and the design is very reasonable. It has the characteristics of small volume, light weight, reliable sealing, and easy disassembly. It can also easily remove various attachments on the sealing surface, with a working temperature of -29-650 ℃ and a working pressure of 1.0MPa-2.5MPa.